Open MDS File
MDS files are commonly used to hold information or image about a DVD. This is simply referred as the image of the disk to be burn. MDS is classified as Media Descriptor File and can be found with an ISO CD image file. This works similar to .cue extension for CD and DVD. Most support for software using this file extension is only capable of running under Windows operating systems.
Information stored on a file with this extension includes header information, track of the disk, copyright protection of a disk, and others. This is usually present when burning CD's and DVD's. In addition, MDS file extension is associated with the MDF file that contains the data of the disk.
Files available for download over the Internet may contain this extension. This file can be useless unless specified software able to read it is installed. Torrent files are most likely uploaded with a file using this extension.
Some files available for download contain MDS files which can easily be use any software such as Alcohol 120%. This can be used to duplicate a copyrighted disk posing some copyright issues.
You can open MDS files with applications like CyberLink PowerDVD, DVD Shrink, Daemon Tools, EZB Systems UltraISO, and others.
Open MDS File on Windows OS
- Find a MDS file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the MDS file in question.
- If you know the application which can open MDS file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open MDS file then try to search for "MDS wiki", "application to open MDS file" or "MDS file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open MDS file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 17 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open MDS files, file extension mds and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...